1. Openness and transparency
This Website, www.tribees.com is operated by [Beezbutt] Pty Limited (ACN 600 213 572), (“we”, “us”, “our” or “Tribees”).
2. Personal information
Personal information is information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can be reasonably ascertained, from that information or opinion. Personal information that may be collected from you includes, without limitation, your name, address, email address, telephone number(s) and date of birth.
The personal information collected from you will only be related to the personal information associated with the provision of Services by Tribees and it will be collected when you:
- register or subscribe to our Website
- complete a transaction with us
- contact us
The personal information collected from you may include, but is not limited to:
- your name
- your contact details including your email, home/delivery address and billing address
- a photograph of you
- your payment details
- User Content posted to the Service (e.g. photos, comments and other material)
- other personal information that we collect in the course of your interactions with the Service or that you provide to us when you contact us
All the personal information collected from you by us will be collected by lawful means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. We will not collect personal information unless the information is reasonably necessary.
We may enter into arrangements with third parties to collect your personal information in circumstances where the third party notifies you, at the time of collection that your personal information will be provided to Tribees.
4. Anonymity and pseudonymity
If you use a pseudonym when dealing with us or you do not provide identifiable information we may not be able to provide you with any or all of our services as requested. If you wish to remain anonymous when you use our website do not sign in with or provide any information that might identify you.
5. Using and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We will generally use or disclose your personal information only for the primary purpose for which it was collected; or for a related secondary purpose where you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the personal information for that secondary purpose. We may otherwise use and disclose your personal information if you have given us consent for the use or disclosure or it is required or authorised by law.
In addition to any purpose notified to you at the time of collection we use your personal information to:
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service, diagnose or fix technology problems
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- provide rewards to Users for contributing Content to the Service and supporting the goods and services promoted by Tribees
- provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
- automatically update the Tribees application on your device
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service
- develop and test new products and features
- any other purpose to which you have consented
- any use which is required or authorised by law.
6. Links to other websites and services
In addition, you agree that we are not responsible and do not have control over any third-parties that you authorize to access your User Content. If you are using a third-party website or service and you allow them to access your User Content you do so at your own risk.
7. Security of personal information
We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, Tribees cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information and for controlling access to emails between you and Tribees, at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes that the social media services you connect to Tribees make to their own services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
If the purposes for which we have collected the information involve providing personal information about you to any third party, we will take appropriate and reasonable steps to ensure any personal information is protected.
8. Direct Marketing
We will only use personal information for marketing if you have given express or implied consent or it is impracticable to seek consent before this use.
When registering with us, you consent to the use of your personal information, such as your email address, for direct marketing purposes. You may opt out of receiving these direct marketing communications at any time. Our electronic marketing activities will comply with the requirements of the Spam Act 2003 (Cth).
9. Disclosure of personal information
We generally only share your information with third parties, where it is necessary to enable them to assist us to provide the Services to you.
We may disclose your personal information:
- To third-parties we ordinarily engage for the above purposes including third parties that provide services to us such as the provider of the payment gateway, [marketing] and technology support services
- To any person or entity to whom you have consented to us disclosing your personal information to
- To any person or entity to whom we are required or authorised to disclose your personal information to in accordance with the law
- In cases where personal information has been disclosed to any third party, we will take appropriate steps to ensure your personal information is protected
10. Access and Management
You may request access to your personal information in our customer account database, or seek correction of it, by contacting our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may charge a reasonable fee to cover the charges of retrieving your personal information from our customer account database. We will not charge you for making the request.
If your personal information is no longer needed for any the purposes set out in this policy, or as otherwise required by law, we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to destroy the information or to de-identify it.
We will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
11. Your right of erasure, or to be forgotten
You may request the deletion of any personal information we hold on you at any time.
Be aware that requesting deletion, unlike unsubscribing from specific emails, is total and irreversible. This means that we will also lose any record of you having ever been on our systems, including any previous instructions you have given us opting out of specific emails types and your personal data such as photos and albums. If you re-join our systems, by voluntarily providing your personal information, you will appear to us as a completely new data subject. This does not affect your other rights in any way.
To request deletion of your personal information, contact email@example.com using the email address we hold for you or otherwise proving your identity.
12. Opting Out
At any time you may opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from us. Unless you opt out, your consent to receive direct marketing communications from us and to the handling of your personal information as detailed above will continue. To opt out email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. Cross-border disclosure
We may transfer your personal information to a person who is in a foreign country to assist in providing you with the Service that you have requested.
We will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the information that is transferred to third parties located outside of Australia will not be held, used or disclosed by the recipient of the information in a manner that is inconsistent with the Australian Privacy Principles or the GDPR.
14. Access to Your Personal Information and Complaints Procedure
Under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the GDPR, you have certain rights to access the personal information we collect and hold about you.
Information we hold about you can be accessed by logging into your account on the website and checking the information in the My Account page. You should ensure the information, such as delivery address and email, is up to date and accurate. You can find more information about the information held in your account here.
Subject to the exceptions of APP 12.3, you may make a request to receive any additional information we may hold about you, and we will provide this information to you within a reasonable time. When requesting such access please identify the precise type/s of information requested. You may make a request by contacting email@example.com.
15. Correction of personal information
We take steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, up to date and complete. If you believe that we hold personal information about you in our customer account database that is not accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant or information that is misleading then you may request its amendment and we will respond to your request within a reasonable time. We will not charge you for correcting your personal information.
To make a complaint about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, which includes how we handle your personal information, you may contact our Help Centre or write to us at the address provided above. We will endeavour to respond to your complaint within a reasonable time after it is received. If you are not satisfied by our response, you may acquire further information regarding privacy from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
16. Tribees website and app
When transmitting personal information from your computer to the Tribees Service, you must keep in mind that the transmission of information over the Internet is not always completely secure or error-free. Other than liability that cannot lawfully be excluded, we will not be liable in any way in relation to any breach of security or any unintended loss or disclosure of that information.
We, and/or third parties, may place cookies on your browser to enhance and manage our website and improve our business and the services we provide to you.
By using the website and agreeing to this policy, you grant us permission to place and store cookies on your browser. Cookies may be used by us to collect the following information:
- your computer’s operating system
- your computer’s browser type and capabilities
- your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address and geolocation
- web pages visited, including how you were referred to each web page
- web page usage statistics, including the time spent on each web page
In addition, third parties may place and read cookies on your browser, or use web beacons or similar technologies to collect information, including, where applicable, for the Google Trusted Stores program.
Cookies can be managed by accessing the individual settings in your browser.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Tribees website.